Electronic Database Management System (EDMS) is a collection of technologies that collaborate together to provide a comprehensive solution for managing the creation, capture, indexing, storage, retrieval, and disposition of records and information assets of an organization. Major components of an EDMS include imaging, document management, forms processing / e-forms, Enterprise Report Manager (ERM), and workflow.
Widespread adoption of the enterprise solution will provide a number of benefits including:
- Improved access to information
- Economy of scale
- Increased ability to share information
- Reduction in maintenance expense
- Reduction in training requirements
- Reduction in hardware/software requirements
- Sharing of infrastructure and information assets
- Reduction in time required for deployment
- Reduction in business application integration requirements
- Improved compliance
Enterprise Content Management (ECM) tools and strategies allow users to capture, store, deliver, and preserve analog and electronic information related to organizational processes. PSC works with our clients to meet the challenge of controlled content management. We help customers achieve compliance with external regulations and internal policies while maintaining high product and service quality standards. These tools will make your company perform more efficiently and drive down the cost of doing business.
Market vendors for ECM include: